Monday, April 13, 2009

MY GROCERY BARGAINS THIS WEEK!




I spent $69.42 in total
I saved $64.22 for 52 items!!!


As kind of an encouragement to all of you getting started (and those of you seasoned bargain hunters), I thought I would start sharing my own bargains of each week. I think I did pretty good this week (see above). I am trying very hard to stay true to spending less than $100 a week on groceries. Considering a year ago I was spending close to $200 a week, I am lovin this challenge and the extra $$$ in our pockets for other things.
I have been a member of The Grocery Game since January and love the convenience of them matching up the sale items for me. You can become a member too and get a 4 week trial for free to see how you like it. Please use swchenery@hotmail.com as a referral please.
If it's working for you, then it's only $10 every 8 weeks ($1.25 per week, which I save easily in groceries by using the game). I just print out the new grocery list on Sunday's when they are updated each week and pull the coupons listed with the items and head off. I do also go to Market Basket (another local store in my town) for other staples because it is much cheaper than Shaw's, in my opinion, on fruits and veggies, bread, eggs, and other regular items I need that aren't on sale at Shaw's.
The idea behind all of this is to stockpile items that are at rock bottom price and start basically shopping from your own cabinets much more. You are buying your items for 50% or more off regular price when you do this. I love it!
So here is a picture of my shopping this morning at Shaw's. I actually don't have to go to Market Basket this week at all so I am well below my $100 goal. Yippee!

Please leave me a comment of your bargains this week. I would love to hear what you snag!
I snagged:
2 - gallons of milk
2 - 64 oz bottles of Adam & Eve Apple Juice
3- Family packs of Boneless Chicken breasts (to separate and freeze in meal size portions)
1- package of ground turkey
1- package of hamburger
1- package of sweet italian sausage
10 boxes of Near East rice pilaf and couscous
5 cans of Bumblebee tuna
1 can of baked beans
8 cans of Del Monte Veggies
8 cans of Whole Tomatoes (for Dave's Marinara that we freeze)
2 bunches of bananas
2 boxes of Quaker Chewy Ganola Bars
2 loaves of Whole Wheat Bread
1 52 oz Olive Oil
1 pkg of yogurt
1 can of mushrooms

No comments:

Post a Comment